Friday, March 06, 2009

CRUFT'S

EDIT: the emotional/physical shock was the result of being abused by a trio of people, not because my dogs were not placed! The dogs not being placed has happened before and will happen again. It is all part of the game.

Just a quick note to say I am okay. Very tired, shell shocked by what happened but will write about that tomorrow.


Neither Micah nor Whitney were placed. The judge though was NOT judging faces but dogs. His choices were what he thought and I can live with that. My friend's top winning male went unplaced too. His eventual choice for Best Male and subsequently Best Of Breed is a dog I know, have examined, and like very much. The other big winners were not what I would have chosen.

If all judges agreed about the dogs, there would be no point in having the shows!

I am annoyed with myself for not following what my gut told me days ago-stay at home. I have set myself back physically and the emotional shock I got to day I could have done without. amazing how certian things one never grows out of: I disassociated immediately, and when I got back into myself shook like a leaf for ages. On the positive side. I know for sure now that my gut feeling about this show was accurate.

6 comments:

CP Warner said...

Colin, I'm so sorry things didn't go well at Crufts. I tried to get the online streaming so maybe I'd catch a glimpse of you, but I couldn't get the player to work. Your beautiful babies are still your beautiful babies. They have placed before, and they will place again, never fear. But I am sorry for the disappointment, and the pain that's caused you. I hope you manage to get a good night's sleep, and that things look better in the morning. (((((hugs))))) to you, and skritches to the kids.

Kate said...

I'm glad you're okay - I was worried about you! Hopefully you'll get a good night's sleep tonight and will feel better tomorrow.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Oh dear, Colin!! I'm so glad you're alright! I won't bother you with an e-mail - will wait to hear what happened! Just glad you're OK!
Hugs,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Now you have my curiosity roused.

Susan said...

Glad you are home safe. Rest this evening.

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin-so grateful that you arrived home safe and sound.What a dreadful day.I do so hope that you have managed to get some restful and refreshing sleep.
Why do we go against our "gut" feelings? When I do, it invariably turns out that I should have listened, and acted on them.
Anyway, lots of love to you and John-try to rest up today-I'll 'phone you later if that's ok.
Marilyn x