Saturday, March 14, 2009

******!!!!!!

So John is coughing even more today than he was last weekend. I comment on it and he says he has finished the steroids and will start the antibiotics tomorrow.

WHAAAAAT?!!!!!!

I said to him that was supposed to take them both together and this is why he was till coughing. Oh no. The coughing is proof to him that he is getting better because coughing brings up gunge. That must mean he is getting better. Besides, the Doctor gave him a repeat of the antibiotics so they were only 'in case'.

Gosh, this man has two degrees!!!!

No, I said, you take the steroids and the anitbiotics at the same time. The second set of antibiotics are in case you need them. i.e. you are still coughing. And, by the way, having a hacking cough is a sign you are ill not a sign that you are getting better.


What do I know? Okay, so I call the Doctor who once again backs me up. I resist the urge to say 'I told you so' but John immediately starts taking his antibiotics.

I say I TOLD YOU SO on here instead!!!

Grrr, you know, since he is worth so much to me dead, perhaps I should leave him to get on with it! I could get a gold plated turbo charged wheelchair and a big hunk to go with it!

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Aaargh! Slap him for me.

Anonymous said...

I hope John is feeling better soon. I know just how you feel. My husband, the advanced manufacturing automotive engineer, who is brilliant in all other respects and holds numerous patents, cannot properly stack graduated Tupperware containers in the kitchen cabinet. Nor can he understand simple germ theory, thus he secretly uses the kitchen counter sponge to wipe up spills on the floor, and then proceeds to place it on the counter for reuse as if it magically became clean again.

WereGrouch said...

I hope the antibiotics work, and John is feeling better soon.
And you're not alone- every other day I need to remind myself that I love my man. He cooks, he cleans, he works so I don't have to, he drives me absolutely nuts. 3am, he dreams about a squeaky door, so he gets up and dismantles every door in the house to oil the hinges!

LizzieK8 said...

Love the idea of the "big hunk to go with it"!

Do you think some people think it's a sign of weakness if they need medication to feel better or get well?

Anonymous said...

This is especially for Trish - you made me spit coffee on my keyboard with your comment about your DH - it's the brilliant ones that have no common sense!!! LOL!!!
WHAT is it with some men and their complete belief that THEY KNOW BETTER than anyone else, even the people with MEDICAL DEGREES that studied this stuff and deal with it every day professionally? You go, Colin, you TOLD him so, and I hope John feels better soon.