Sunday, February 14, 2010

BURN UPDATE

By this morning my burned hand had become much more painful. The skin has peeled off my index finger and is red/white and bloody now. I have had to have special burn dressings on it and the person who did it was ever so thoughtful and made sure it was wrapped in such a way that I can still knit. I can. Now i have just to be sure I can do it myself when I need to change the dressing tomorrow. I am told it could take two weeks to heal! Bugger, I hope not. Note to self: remember rubber gloves when removing hot items from microwave. (This was a steam burn because as I was lifting it out, the film covering pinged off and the steam shot out onto my hand. At least i did not drop the bowl.)

BLOODY LIARS

I know get my drugs from Tesco because it is much easier. On the off chance I asked the pharmacist there (it was he who dealt with my hand) about having my drugs in bottles. ‘Sure,’ he says! What ?!

It seems Boots and Lloyds lied to me about it not being legal. They just can’t be arsed to do it.

You should feel my thumbs which are still very painful after taking all those pills out of their blister packs.

I will order my drugs well in advance so they have time to bottle them for me.

EVIDENTIAL

John and I went to listen to a talk and demonstration. I received a spirit communication and yet again I was given evidence that discarnate beings do indeed know precisely what is going in my life, how I feel about it, and what I am thinking, and the questions I have floating around my mind. Not only that, but the day to day stuff going on like the Tax situation. Once again my mother communicated, giving as evidence our troubled past. None of this was hints or guesswork, but blunt and to the point. Yet more evidence all leading to the same conclusion: Consciousness doesn’t die.

funny-dog-pictures-lunch-provided

3 comments:

joannamauselina said...

That's awful! And on top of the blister pack thumbs! I hate some of the blister packs too. Some are easy to get the pill out of, but others - Grrrr! I use scissors rather than standing there in front of a patient getting redder and more frustrated by the second. Me, getting redder, not the patient.

Black Cat Ranch said...

I came her by way of "My Sister's Farmhouse" and mentioned there, how sorry I was to hear of your burn. The 2nd degree on my arm (appx. 5 inches long, 2-1/2 inches wide) was pretty well healed in a month. The skin is still tender, but no longer sore (I burned it November 28 - by Christmas it was completely healed). I kept bandages that were moist with petrolatum on it until I was sure it was no longer peeling.

I would recommend gloves made of Nomex & Kevlar. The same thing firefighters bunker gear is made of in the States. I got some after my accident & they're fabulous! They also have silicone on the fingers, palms & thumbs.

Blessings to you!

Lucy

LizzieK8 said...

I know this goes against everything you've every learned about burns, but next time you get burned, hold your burn in as hot of water as you can stand for as long as you can stand it.

I had a splash burn of boiling water from dumping spaghetti water. I held it under water gradually increasing the temperature as I could relatively comfortably stand it, for about 20 minutes.

No pain, no blister, no redness, all if it was completely normal by morning... I've done this a number of times on minor to severe burns and it really works.

Try it on a minor burn...you'll be surprised.