Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bother

I really don't want to be writing negative stuff. I am having a bad time physically. I am off to the Dr again today. The last three nights I have not slept well because of pain. I am fairly convinced my spine and ribcage are inflamed again and the cause is probably the swimming. I didn't go this morning. I decided last evening I wouldn't if my night was bad. I was in bed by 12 and up and in pain by 1am. I fell asleep in the armchair and went to bed at 5am and up at 8am.

I am finding this very wearing. Last Thursday was a crying day and so was yesterday. I don't understand this. I'd have thought enough was enough already.

I can't stop the swimming. It keeps me fit as regards my heart and weight and it helps with my mobility. However, the inflammation it causes of my spine is a royal pain. On top of this is the IBS nonsense.

I could murder a cigarette.

So anyway I am going to talk this thru with the Dr, John's as mine is away, and see what I can do. I have taken 1000mg Paracetamol and 600mg Aspirin this morning and will see how that helps.

I am about to shape the neck on my Aran. Am almost thru the first Regia Landscape sock and have knitted the whole back of a cashmere sweater on the machine. Oh and have completed, but not sewn, a moss stitch rib sweater in cashmere/silk/merino.

Edit: of the three anti-inflammatories I have taken, Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Diclofenac, Aspirin is the one that causes me no problems that I am aware of. The other two can cause me painful reflux. Also, they interfere with the blood thinning properties of the Aspirin. I do not take either the co-codomol or aspirin for long periods of time and it is unusual for me to even take it more than 3 times a day during bad times. I guess I am lucky in that the aspirin doesn't do me in. I take the enteric coated kind that dissolve in my intestine not my stomach.
Post a Comment