Monday, January 07, 2008

Well....

John was in a much better mood today.In fact he was rather nice all day. We went to the Dr.

I didn't say 'I told you so' when the Dr did just what I knew he would-gave him a different antibiotic and a different inhaler. He also took his temperature, which was high and made him breath into a measuring thing and it was crap-150. John has left now for the week of work in London! ARRGGHHH!!!!

I got a new antispamodic because the Pepermint Oil one made me worse. I also got two antibiotics cos I recalled that they helped 13 yrs ago when I had a similar gut problem. I recalled today that i had gone to a Chinese Herbalist and got this concoction which I had to boil up and drink. it was FOUL! But I was desperate. It didn't work at all, just cost me money. The drug combo did work.

It seems strange to me that I have been diagnosed with IBS. My mother had that. She died because of it-she got backed up and it perforated her bowel and she died of septicaemia.

Of course, it could just be that the inflammation of my stomach and gut caused by the grief just hasn't healed yet. Everything I have read and been told by the Dr tells me it can take months to heal.

2 comments:

Knitquitations said...

First, Your sweater is beautiful and looks great on you.

Second, Whitney is adorable but then I am a real sucker for puppies.

Finally, I am very sorry to hear that you and John are both doing poorly. I sincerely hope that you get over that virus quickly, I had a similar one (tis the season I guess) and although the getting sick part was over quickly, I had no appetite and was unable to anything accdept applesauce and rice for a week. I really worry about you with all the digestive problems that you have.

Best wishes,

Pam

Anonymous said...

From what I have read, and to a very small extent experienced, it can take months to years to heal damage that we have done to ourselves by internalizing our feelings. However, it does get better! Hang in there!!!!