Monday, January 21, 2008

Resting More

I don't know if this drug has an accumulative effect, but I am feeling better with each day. I think this is in part due to the fact I am not stressing so much about it now. The drug started to work str8 away, so therefore I got less gut pain and grumbles and therefore I stopped being so upset by it and this in turn means I get less gut pain because I am not stressing so much!

This is the first evening I have spent in for months. I realised I was exhausting myself and need to take it easier. I think instead of just accepting I have been ill and still am but getting better, I have fought myself and made myself worse. You know, 'don't be a wimp, just get on with it' type of attitude. I know where that voice comes from and he can go to hell!

I have broken my recent rule about only knitting socks when I am out at a talk or something. I have this day been knitting up a sock out of the sock yarn I dyed myself. I really like it. I think this now means I have 4 second socks to do.....at least the Aran front is almost done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! So glad you are doing better and taking care of yourself. I'd love to see the Aran front when you feel like show 'n' tell.

Anonymous said...

Dear Colin,

It was fun to know of your failure to "follow the rules" before the rest of the world.

Thank you, again, for your help today.

I cherish your friendship dearly.

anachronist said...

Hi Colin,

good that you are feeling better, and that this new med has sucha positive effect.

Any chance to seeing the yarn you dyed before it is in a sock?

I am so curious how it looks in the skein before knitting up.