Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh Bother! Oh Good!

I was on my way to see a therapist to learn a deep relaxation technique. It took my 45 mins to cover the first 12 miles of an 80 mile trip! So I called ahead and it was decided I should turn back and go another day. Like February the 11th. This time I am the last client booked in so it won't matter if the traffic is bad. It was tractors and stuff today! I also realised that the school run ahd started. so not a good time to go.

I am pleased to say that my gut is so much better now. The Colofac really does work. I also did not swim yesterday and I slept a lot. I did swim this morning but slept again from 11am to 1pm.

As you know, I quit drinking Diet Coke. However, it is not the aspartame that causes the problems but the fizz. I get the same discomfort which lasts, even if I drink Perrier. I can drink still drinks even if they have aspartame in them with no consequences.

I had another idiot wanting a puppy this week. I have never had puppies stick this long-they are 15 week sold. I will not sell to idiots or to people who haggle over the price. In fact, as soon as that is mentioned, I tell them I won't sell them a puppy. End of story.

I saw the litter of Miniature Longhaired Dachshunds that my own Tantra's Mouse has had with my friend Lorraine. Three girls(as I correctly predicted) and 1 boy (also as I predicted-4 all together.) I will have one of the two girls, one is red and one is cream. Will make my decision when they are 8 weeks, 3 weeks from tomorrow. Hopefully she will not have inherited the coat eating gene.

I have been taking the pain killers and feel better as a result. No ill effects at all. My gut really has settled with only slight discomfort now and then.

I know I am feeling less stressed because I am sleeping better. Sometimes I sleep in the recliner chair because that does not mean lying on my side which is what causes the ribcage burning pain, which I have discovered is a known effect of arthritis.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin,

I'm very glad you are feeling better! You and I have been sleeping a lot together, lately. -laughing- Being many hundreds of miles away makes it less provocative and rather boring.

Best,
Iris

krisleon said...

I am glad your gut is better colin,my birthday is feb 11th,If i see you in the town one day i will come over and say hello.

Susan said...

I have IBS too. Carbonation bothers my stomach a lot so I avoid it. Aspartame also bothers me so diet drinks are the worst. I am a diabetic but most of the artificial sweeteners are hard on my stomach. I stick to Splenda. IBS seems to have a mind of its own. It's a difficult puzzle because triggers vary and can be set off by non-food things like stress. It's a huge problem for me and causes a lot of grief. No offense intended but sometimes it's nice to hear that I'm not alone.

My husband bought an Ultramatic adjustable bed to give him back and shoulder pain relief. At first, he had a terrible time getting used to it but now can sleep for much longer periods of time at night without waking because of the pain. Like you, sleeping on his side was painful.

Let me know when you get your new
Dachshund baby!