Friday, January 04, 2008

Popeye

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi colour no. 203 'Seaside'. I knit it top down. The ribbing was done using my SR 830 using tension 5 on both beds. The heel, gusset and foot were knitted using KnitPicks circular, 2.25 mm needle.

I like this yarn
very much, easy to knit and the handle is excellent. Feels good on the foot too. The colourway looked much better on the hank! I would have preferred it swirled or blobbed or something but I still like this.

9 comments:

N. Maria said...

Very nice fitting sock indeed.
I love the way the heel and gusset look.

Anonymous said...

Oh those socks are wonderful! Nice work.

Anonymous said...

another good looking sock and the puppies are sooo good looking!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the socks!!!! And I absoleutly love the puppies. I don't think I could give them up!

Anonymous said...

Great looking socks and I love the puppies.. I will take t hem all..lol

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Beautiful! Sorry the colorway didn't work up the way you wanted, but it is still lovely.

Alex

Anonymous said...

I love this sock!

Anonymous said...

Nice sock!

Anonymous said...

Another pair of socks. Colin, you must be the fastest sock knitter on the
planet. Of course, I suppose I could knit socks faster if I weren't
knitting scarves and bath puppets and gloves and hats and... Love the name
Popeye for your spinach-colored socks.

The puppies are getting cuter by the minute.

-- ~Tabitha