Thursday, October 25, 2007

Loving Support

I sent this email to a list but thought I'd copy it here as I don't have the energy right now to write a blog post and this says what I want to convey to you all who have been so supportive.

The loving support I have received from posters here has been much appreciated. It has touched me and surprised me. Please believe that at my darkest moments they have meant so much to me and have helped me heal. Sometimes I'd be just about ready to jump ship and an email would come that made my inner dam burst and as the tears flowed so I began to feel better. I think I am coming out the other side now.

It seems none of us know how we really do affect each other and how loving support can be felt thousands of miles away and thru a 'cold electronic medium'.

In the old days, I'd have suffered alone....

7 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Yep, no matter how people criticize the Internet and complain that it alienates people--they are wrong. It brings like-minded and supportive people together and lets us realize how we each matter and can help others in some way.

You keep taking care of yourself, Colin.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Hang in there, Colin. You rock:)
Joan

Anonymous said...

It is good to know that there are people who care - even tho you have never met them in person.
Sometimes that is enough to give us the strength to carry on.

It will get better!

Maggie said...

Colin, I send you hugs, know that trash from the past just doesn't6 seem to stay tossed in the garbage bin. I too, have a lot of garbage from the past that reattles around in my head and occasionally drags me into the depths of dark and alone and unsure..
Unlike you, I don't open up to others, not even those close to me. Talk it over with God, but not humans, not enough trust, not willing to try and trust...
Keep up the battle, we do win 1 small battle at a time, hugs, maggie

Anonymous said...

And you give so much too Colin - I think there will be many people who read but do not comment, who feel less alone because you have the courage to share what you are going through so honestly.

Unknown said...

That brought tears to my eyes. Keep healing my friend.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's good to know there are people who care. Even when they don't react or show it directly.