Thursday, October 01, 2009

WUERTTEMBERG

These are one of my favourite pairs to date. I really like the colourway, the stitch and the gauge. One of those pairs that are aesthetically very pleasing to me. My American friend Lia bought me the yarn as she rightly thought I would like the colours. She lives in an area of Germany named Baden-Wuerttemberg hence the name of these socks.
I knitted toe up using my Andersson Construction Method. My tools were 2 Knit Pro (Picks) circular needles, 2mm size. Each was knitted on it's own needle. I knitted 10 rows alternately so that I end with a pair and do not have to worry about second sock syndrome.
I used my Andersson Heel Mach II (revised). It is so simple and has a really nice line and finish to it.

13 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Beautiful as always. That is a pretty colorway!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous as always! What a treat it is to have beautiful socks to snuggle into (I first typed "snocks", lol!) on a cool evening, and even better when the look of them makes you feel as warm inside as the socks make your feet feel outside.

Lol said...

Wonderful socks. What is the colourway it is wonderful. It must be great to have a friend who knows you so well.

Iris said...

Really pretty socks! I, too, like the colorway. You have the most even and beautiful stitches.

Lia Nord said...

I love the socks, Colin! I should have bought 2 skeins--one for me ;-)

BammerKT said...

Wow that colorway is just gorgeous. They look so soft and comfy!

Julie said...

I like these. I have never tried the Anderson Heel Method in my socks. I will have to try this method in my next pair.

AnneB said...

Again a perfect pair of socks. Love the yarn.

mary ann said...

Colin, they're delightful and your heel method works so well with those stripes. I hope you feel wonderful every time you wear them!

Jaden said...

Lovely socks. And the colours are gorgeous.

Which brand and colourway is that yarn?

CP Warner said...

Beautiful! Love the colors. I need to get back in the habit of knitting two socks alternately. I've gotten away from it the last few pairs, and I really hate having SSS...

Deb said...

Just beautiful! I don't know how you manage to knit so many socks & take care of so many dogs, too. I only have 2 dogs, (mutts) & they really keep me busy. Do your dogs ever get into your knitting stuff?

saffron said...

Colin,

I am in awe of your sock knitting and found your blog via the sock knitters list. I love your Anderson heel - thanks for publishing! Most of the sock knitting books don't have a lot of sizing guidance for mens socks. Have you thought of publishing a book of mens socks? I am struggling with coming up with the right fit for a mans socks for a guy with a high instep and wide flat feet, skinny ankles and wide calves and I just haven't found the right combination yet.

Your socks are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

bgs in California