Saturday, October 24, 2009

SOCK 61


I knitted these using King Cole's Zig Zag in Granite. It is 50% supwerwash wool and 50% nylon. I like the handle of this yarn very much. I am not overly impressed with the colourway. I bought it because I had seen a couple of pairs on Ravelry knitted with the same colourway and the colours had displayed themselves dramatically in pools and flashes. Alas, mine did not. I used 2mm Knit Pro circulars and my Andersson Construction method and the Andersson Heel Mach II (revised). These are the 61st pair I have knitted for myself.




Sixty Pairs of socks washed and now drying.

9 comments:

Jo said...

The new socks are beautiful! Even the pictures of your socks drying is a work of art. I love all the colors lined up. Great job Colin!

Tallguy said...

What a beautiful sight!! Such a choice every day-- I wouldn't know which to wear each morning. Even #61, although not what you expected, is still a good looking sock. I think it is so exciting not knowing exactly what is going to happen with any colourway until you knit it. And each will be different. Only 304 more to go!

Claire Lockwood said...

So very delighted to hear about Whitney's continued success! -- and yours, of course! Love Claire and Dexy (who could really use a bath after being walked in the wet, against my better judgement! -- filthy beggar!) x

Anonymous said...

Colin,

The "61"s" are very nice! I too think that the pooling would have looked good, but the striping is good looking too. Also enjoyed seeing your sea of socks drying.

Sock on!
Susan

Herzblut said...

oh yum....what a sight! Could you tell me what kind of yarn the red/rsut ones in the sort of middle are?

Anonymous said...

I have sock envy! what a fine collection of wearable art :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, those pictures of all 60 socks drying is truly an inspiration to get
me back in the chair and try to finish up my Pedi Socks. Great job on all
of your creations.

Holly ~~(((((^..^) (^-^)))))~~
Ravelry Name - HollyKnits

Nina said...

I love all your socks very nice.Im just learning to knit socks finding it very frustrating but i am not going to give up.

Lily said...

I love the pictures of all your hand knitted socks drying on the dryer. You should feel very proud to see tham all lined up, they look lovely!