Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SOMETHING MISSING, SHE SINGS

I rose at 6.30 after a reasonably good sleep. I went to the pool at 8 and had a good swim.

The time I have to wait for my drugs to work-heart and pain-is my favourite time for knitting. It is early, it's quiet. I do not have a tv or radio on. I just sit quietly and knit. No matter if it's winter, spring, summer or autumn, I love the early hours. It's so peaceful and I usually knit without interruption. (Of course I have let the dogs out. They seem to think it's always too early because they rush out, pee, and come back in and go to sleep.)

I have bathed Edna and Carly. I had thought I might go to dog training tonight but really am done in now.

I have been listening to the whole album by Lily Allen that contains that brilliant song, F*** You. I admire this young woman. Not only do I get what she is saying in her lyrics, but she has guts to put herself out there like she does. Not just the FY song, the whole album is raw and honest. Funny how when I was her age I was thinking and seeing the same hypocrisy etc that she is singing about.
She sings of bigots and fundies that they 'have a hole where their soul should be'. What a brilliant line and astute observation.

Luque still hasn't had any nookie but he is happy. They are romancing each other. She is not ready yet but I imagine she will be in the next day or two.

2 comments:

Nan said...

That lyric strikes me too, Colin. How sad that so many have holes where their hearts should be.

Anonymous said...

Dear Colin,
Got a smile from my husband when he heard you tried his idea of alternating gloves. Bet you looked fabulous.
Loved the picture of all the socks drying. What a wonderful selection to have.
What a blessing to have that quiet time to knit as you wait for your body. So many people would see it as a frustration-come on, medicine, hurry up- but you have turned it into a pleasure.
Sabine