Thursday, May 07, 2009

WASHING SOCKS

For Claudia

All I do is put all my socks in the washing machine. I wash them once every 50 days at the moment. I wear one pair for 24 hours and when I am down to my last pair, I chuck them in the machine. I use a 30c wash which takes about 45 minutes. I use a wool wash for machines.

When they are done, I spoin them again at 1200 rpm. I then just take them out and put them on the clothes horse. It's just a metal and plastic thing for drying clothes on inside the house. I don't put them outside in case birds poop on them.


All of my socks are wool/nylon or wool/cotton/nylon or wool /bamboo or bamboo / nylon/. Except for the Tofutsies which has weird stuff in it! Like seafish shells.

3 comments:

Susan said...

You must have a very large dresser drawer just dedicated to socks!
Do you "clip" the mates together to wash them or have a free for all in the basket matching them up after? ;o)
~Susan

Claudia said...

thanks so much! And I had a good laugh at the reason why you don't dry them outside! :D

Anonymous said...

My DH has a huge sock collection and on principle I let them mount up in the basket as otherwise he never gets to wearing the ones at the bottom/back of the drawers - which is also where all the odd ones invariably converge. By the time he's down to these, you can be sure he will find a few to match up in pairs!!