Tuesday, May 12, 2009

GOOD, BAD, AND UGLY

The dog show on Sunday went well. Whitney won her class and went on to get the Reserve Challenge Certificate. The female that won the Challenge Certificate was the one that stood reserve to Whitney at the last show.

I have been surprised at the amount of cards and verbal congratulations I got from my fellow exhibitors. I have also been somewhat surprised at the spite of some of them. One person, whom I liked, said nothing at the time of the big win, nor did she even acknowledge my presence at this show, despite camping right next to me in the hall. Pathetic woman. She has made up many Champions herself so to begrudge another's success is senseless. How sad to feel like that. It must be awful. No, I am not being catty. I truly think that to feel such jealousy must be awful.

I did go swimming yesterday and did just under half my usual laps. I then knitted and watched DVD's for the rest of the day.

This morning I thought I was not going to be able to get out of bed. I was lying on my left side and I couldn't even roll onto my back in order to get onto my right side and get up. With some thought and effort, I managed to fling myself out of bed so that I landed on my knees and then used the radiator to pull myself upward. I have taken drugs but when I stood to pee just ow, I thought my legs were going to give way. I have that weird trembling in the base of my spine which travels down my legs.

I have show training and will take James and either Carly or Bridget. Assuming my back and legs allow it.

I am going to start putting my yarn on EBAY. I will see what happens. I have way too much and will begin by potting up cones of yarn. It will all be naturals and will vary from very fine to 4ply.

The pictures below are of Buda.






3 comments:

Iris said...

It must be very frightening to feel your legs aren't holding you up well!

Congratulations on the dog show. Some people just can't stand to lose, no matter to whom. It IS sad.

Claudia said...

You are in my prayers. I know what it's like to live with some amount of pain. Not fun and definitely something to pray about. *hugs*

FuguesStateKnits said...

Oh Colin - so sorry for the pain you are going through - and for the pain who never acknowledged Whitney's triumph! How sad for her.
Many congratulations to you! It shows what loving care can do for a good dog:)
Take care of yourself. Perhaps you shouldn't push yourself so hard.
Hugs,
Joan