Friday, May 01, 2009

IRONIC

I think I am using the word correctly. It's ironic that a man who can barely walk has a thing for footwear! ( No, I don't have a thing for feet. Ick!) I shall have to think about what to do with them when I leave this planet. Museum? Will them to nice people with size 8 feet? If I get a warning I am about to pop my cloggs, sell them on Ebay and go around the world? With a hunky nurse? Have them buried with me in case I need them?

I was so excited when these arrived, I could have wet myself. Kickers of course.


Larger boots are Doc Martens, the rest are Kickers.

EDIT: I am actually a size 7 (EU 41) and in German shoes and Clarks that is what I buy. However, for Docs it's 8 (EU42) and for Kickers it's 8 or 9 (EU42 or EU43). You'd think they'd standardize would you not? Even so, some of my Docs are tighter than others, same for the Kickers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them all!

Anonymous said...

Who cares about the irony ... they make you happy. Heck, your footwear makes ME happy!

Nan said...

Those are some snazzy shoes.

Claudia said...

Wow I LOVE them!!!!! What fun! I've always been the kind of person to want to dress up my feet in something fun. Lately I'm on a red kick (so to speak). I love having anything red on my feet so when I look down I see them and smile.

Way to go! :)

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

Kewl shoes! :)

Herzblut said...

thank you for the much needed smile......I too am a size 8 Doc lover :)

as one of my favourite characters says - "Live long, and prosper".....may you have many many many many years enjoying your footwear, Colin - it's a joy to see you in your attire; so dapper aqnd colourful .....

love, hugs and cat hairs(and a freshly thrown up furball, if you would like it..smile....I am behind on grooming due to present circumstances)
Claire, keeping going
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Trouble, how you doing? I know what you mean about days where you feel like you're never going to recharge the energy coffers... Been doing battle myself with some interesting side effects to a new drug. that combined with trying to spring clean and organise son's birthday and I'm feeling like I've been burning the candle at both ends.

Am sitting here in bed watching The Day the Earth Stood Still, and listening to three thirteen year old "Kevins" playing Rockband on the PS3 may the gods have mercy on my ears.. soul... and pass the heavy duty painkillers I intend to sleep tonight, Big Hugs

FuguesStateKnits said...

oh man - I love you sense of color!
Now pardon me whilst I ooh and aah over them.


OOOOOH AAAAAAAH

:)

FeyRhi said...

Your collection of shoes looks like my sock drawer. *G* What an incredible selection!

I have to wear boring old black steel toes at my job so I take refuge in wearing the brightest, colourful socks I can find. I may see if I can find a jazzy pair of Doc's like yours. I LOVE them.