Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not Fat Now!

I made this for myself. As with the last sweater I made, I forget when sizing that I am not fat any more. This sweater fits perfectly lengthwise but is 67cm (26.4") wide when I only needed it to be 62cm (24.4").

I knit both sleeves identically. Front and back are the same also.
I use short rows to shape the front and back neck. They are identical.
I use mattress stitch to sew up. This shows the raglan seam.
The stitch pattern. I knitted this on a Brother 940 using the garter carriage.

6 comments:

Romi said...

That is a gorgeous sweater!

sillyewe said...

Gorgeous as usual. You always do nice work. :0) It's a good thing you live across the pond, Colin, because I would be at your house playing with those puppies EVERY day. So cute.

Terri said...

Colin... beautiful sweater... well done!

Yarnhog said...

That is so lovely! What a shame it's too big for you.

(Oh, and the 23-year-old? He's my stepson! I'm not THAT old...)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, joins are invisible. I'm certainly impressed.

Julie said...

I love the sweater, it is gorgeous.