Monday, July 07, 2008

Low carb Nonsense

According to some health professionals, Doctors to be precise(not mine), really make me wonder how they managed to pass out of school let alone become dr's.

Low Carb is bad for you they say and the only weight you lose is water. Oh, so I was carrying around 112lbs of water?

If Low Carb was bad for us, the human race would not be here. That is all we had for 0000's of years.

The most vociferous anti low carbers have another agenda-they are vegan or veggy or cereal producers or in their thrall.

I went low carb initially because I was fed up being sick all the time, feeling hungry all the time, havering bad guts all the time, spending so much time on the loo. As soon as I went Low Carb all of that stopped! The weight came off as a side effect and very pleased I am too. However, most importantly, I am stable now, no bloat, no constant hunger, no having to sit on the loo many times a day.

112lbs of water? F**k off!

4 comments:

picperfic said...

you would have been useful in a drought! hah!

Anonymous said...

Well said, cactus man:)
Joan
who is still working on that carbo addiction!

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Colin, Do you think you could do a post sometime about what you eat, how you handle eating out, how you handle cravings and that sort of thing? I have been told to try a low carb diet for health reasons but am feeling a bit overwhelmed! I don't quite know where to start so any suggestions would be very welcomed! Thanks!

Yarnhog said...

112 pounds of water! Now that's a funny mental image! I say, do what works for you. We're all different, and I think we're best off listening to our own bodies.