Saturday, July 05, 2008

Good Day at SWKA

Yesterday was fun. I enjoyed myself. Had lunch with the lovely Sarah. If I were into women in that way, I might well ask her to fly off with me somewhere.

My companion to and from the shows, Angie, did very well, winning both her classes. I did not have good day as regards the showing. Micah was last of 4 and Whitney went unplaced. That is the way dog showing goes.

It took 6 hours to get home. We got caught up for 2 of those in roadworks, going the way Angie suggested. I have turned over a new leaf and just didn't argue and nor did I lose it when we were stuck for so long but I almost had an exploding bladder! When I eventually got to pee, I didn't think it was going to stop. It hurt too!

We got to the bottom of why Angie argues with my GPS. She doesn't like modern technology and doesn't trust it. I explained that my GPS was top of the range (it is) and knew where she was going even if Angie thought she didn't. She ,btw, is Gertrude. Because I feel daft yelling at a machine, so I named it.

I slept for about 9 hours last night! Not without waking but still, that is a looooong time for me. Getting up at 8.15 seems positively decadent to me.

It is about 10 days till my next show and that one is only 20 miles away. So I have a break.

Oh and my attire, especially the shoes, went down well again. A woman told me of a place where I can buy brightly patterned walking sticks at Leeds Showground so guess where I shall visit when I go to Leeds Show?

Edit: went to do the shopping. I needed to do so in the wheelchair. Although I am not in pain especially, I have very limited mobility today. weird that. There seems to be little, if any, correlation between pain and mobility for me. I can be relatively pain free and yet hardly able to move and I can be very much in pain and yet able to move more freely. Of course, I do have days when both go together. To be honest, I find the pain much easier to deal with than the lack of mobility / fatigue. Pills help for the pain. Nothing at all helps with the lack of mobility and fatigue. Not even sleep or rest. Just have to wait for it to pass.

3 comments:

CP Warner said...

So, I'm not the only one who names inanimate objects! I call our little Scion hatchback "Zippy," much to hubby's consternation. I used to name all my musical instruments, too, and throughout my high school career I played a bassoon I called Marcus Aurelius. Not that I have ever read him, but because my mother jokingly suggested it, and I thought it sounded cool. I may check out the real Marcus Aurelius yet, though, because I have seem random quotes from his philosophies and liked them. Anyhoo...

You certainly do look very dapper in your showing clothes, and the mismatched shoes are very cool. Funny, for a person who wears mismatched socks all the time (or I should say, fraternal socks), I wonder why it never occurred toe me that two different color shoes in the same style could be an interesting look.

In the fraternal sock department, I think I am losing my touch, or perhaps it was just a coincidence, but...I just finished a pair of socks in that new Noro sock yarn, and they came out so close to identical, it makes me nervous! They are nice-looking, but they MATCH!

BTW, if you haven't tried the Noro sock yarn yet, I don't recommend it. It's a single, and you spend as much time unkinking it from itself as you do knitting the socks. I also have some serious reservations about how a single will hold up over time, since socks do tend to take a beating, no matter how many pairs you have to cycle through in the course of a month. But I bought it because it was the only thing I could afford in a rather posh shop that had been recommended to us by a friend. It was a nice shop, and I'd like to see the lady stay in business, so I bought what I could. If she and her dog (a sweet little Italian greyhound named Enzo) hadn't been so friendly, I probably would have left quietly after a five minute browse. I am such a sucker for sweet-natured dogs.

Best of luck to you and your beautiful Lhasas at the next show.

I have been enjoying the puppy updates!

Yarnhog said...

We named our GPS "Carmen." She's a saucy thing with quite an attitude. Every time I go the wrong way, she practically sighs when she says, "RE-calculating." I swear she gets more and more annoyed the more I fail to listen to her! My husband took her with him on a trip with his brother, and reported that his brother spent the entire trip arguing with her, and he finally had to lock her in the trunk. He's always had problems with women. ;-)

tinebeest said...

The GPS in my parents' car was referred to as "madame" (with french accent). "Are you sure Madame knows the way? Is that on her CD?" etc. :-)

Re: mobility issues: could it have something to do with a drop in the air pressure? My shoulder used to be better than the Met office for predicting rain locally, and some people's migraines are affected by such things as well. Though I'm sure you would have found that out ages ago if it were the case.