Thursday, June 04, 2009

NOT QUITE WHAT I MEANT

I did half my swim. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it all as soon as I started. I feel fine though. I am glad I am learning what my bod is telling me and taking notice.

I am getting Whitney ready for tomorrow's show, as well as myself. It takes some forward planning which I have also learned to do. My clothes are ready, food is ready. I have done little, slept plenty and done enough drugs. Will do more drugs late this afternoon and then go to bed by 6-7pm. Up at 2am. Gone by 4am.

I wrote the following in response to an email. I sent it before I had realised what I had written. I laughed so long and hard you'd think I had taken a joint. I haven't laughed so much and well for a long time. You can imagine what I am like when doing my public speaking. It is often not until the words are out that I realise how they sound, and often not how I intended it to sound.


"I did sit on a crochet hook, a 4mm one, and it went right into my bum cheek! I was shocked. I must have sat down with quite a bit of force for that to happen as the hook is blunt and broad. I do just drop when I sit as I can't move properly. I guess it didn't hurt that much because of the painkillers I take. When I pulled it out, blood gushed everywhere and I was left with a purple hole for ages."

I have put more yarn up. I plan to do this daily if I can so keep checking.

CLICK HERE

3 comments:

Bignicelady said...

Hi Colin, I've been looking at your yarn and would l o v e to have information about the yardage additionally to the weight... any possibility of that??
BNL

Nan said...

yeeee-ouch! Not nice close encounter with the crochet hook.

Good luck at the show!

FuguesStateKnits said...

Oh dear - you do have a way with words:)!