Monday, June 22, 2009

KNACKERED AGAIN

For American readers or other people not British, Knackered is the word posh people, like the Queen, use to describe a state of tiredness.

Yes, I am knackered. I have come to realise that I cannot be putting up yarn on Ebay every day. So my initial estimate of it taking about two years to sell my stash is now being revised to three.

I have put up more tonight on EBAY (click on link). There is some lovely Todd and Duncan yarns; lambswool and merino/cashmere.

When I got back from swimming this morning I began to weigh and pack. By the time I had finished and sent off it was mid afternoon! I went to bed and when I got up again, bathed Luque and ate and then put more yarn up. Phew.

I am already finding I have some rude customers. Those who don't pay in a timely manner.I fnd it really annoying. So now I have had to add a 'please pay within seven days' on my listings. ALSO I have discovered that sellers only have the option of leaving positive feedback for a buyer whilst they can leave positive, neutral or negative! In other words they have us by the balls which is most unfair. Already I have buyers who have had not had the decency to leave feedback, even one or two who have written to say how happy they are privately! My only option is that I do not leave feedback until they do.

People also seem to think that I decide how much postage is!!! I don't. Royal Mail do. How can one blame the seller for the charges made by someone else?


Anyway, so far all the yarn I have auctioned has gone so that is a good thing. One cannot see any benefit within my home yet but that will take time. I told you I have a HUGE stash, more than many shops. John was getting worried about upstairs floors caving in.

Then of course there are 16 or so machines.....

8 comments:

Pam West said...

I must be posh then - I use the word knackered LOL

I know what you mean about ebay. I sell a lot of my art on there and people leave negatives for postage or descriptions when I am really clear on the description and do FREE postage

I do my sales so they finish on a sunday and post on the tuesday or wednesday when they are all paid for.
I put in my listings please pay within 3 days of auction ending and I send a reminder after 3 days if they havent paid
Hope that helps
Pam

Iris said...

Knackered ... I love that word. I shall adopt it as my own. I am knackered, as well. I keep saying I should sell some of what I have, too. Unlike you, I never get around to it. How long do you have to give people to pay??? My dislike of eBay has been reinforced.

Susan said...

I am with Pam, Why should you have to wait 7 days? There is no excuse when the buyer knows what he is spending. Three days is plenty. The general public are so ignorant.
...on another note...
Oh sure I can just hear the Queen now, "Oh Phil, I am so knackered."
...howling with laughter...
You know where that comes from?Being dead tired...as in ready for the knackers.
...ditto above...

Susan said...

What are the Royal Mail postage rates like to Canada?

Nan said...

I knew what knackered meant, but I've been watching British TV programs for decades.

I've never done e-bay. Do you have to ship it before they pay? And I agree about the rudeness. I never can figure out why people take the rude option when politeness is just as easy.

bignicelady said...

Everybody seems to be knackered... grins... so I will join that illustrous crowd.
As for the payments, I pay as soon as I get home when I won something (might take me half a day or so) and I leave feedback as soon as I get the "goodies" - how else would I know what's in that squishy package??
I am looking forward to three years of temptation, that much is for sure.
If only I was a bit closer to you, I would inquire about the machines... sigh... but I guess that sending them to the US is not an option (Royal Mail and such).
Brigitte

Yarnhog said...

I believe many people do not realize that it is important to leave feedback. I initially didn't understand this, until one of the sellers (politely) explained it to me. Now I am careful to leave feedback, and not to leave neutral or negative feedback without serious cause.

Anonymous said...

The postage seems to have skyrocketed lately. I had listed on Amazon marketplace some read paperbacks,but by the time that Amazon have taken their fees there is not enough to cover the postage. I spoke to a lady today who told me she goes to the Spiritualist Church in Milton Keynes, I thought both of you and the fact that I must find out if they are still running an open circle still. I would like to go back.