Sunday, June 14, 2009

HAVING A DUMP

It seems John has go the urge to dump too. He has filled the car with stuff from the sheds and we have taken ti to the dump. He has at least another two car loads to dump.

There is a large and heavy sack on the landing outside of the bedroom. I know that is full of yarn. It is yarn that has been knitted. Sleeves, backs, fronts, all abandoned for one reason or another. I have faithfully kept it all in this heavy, full sack.

Do you think I dare to dump it without looking in it? Do you think I could be that macho? Just sling it out like a man?

6 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Sling away! You can do it.

Does "having a dump" mean the same thing in English as it does in American?

Knitting-twitter said...

hi Colin, put it on Ebay.. maybe somebody can use it to felt it..
I know, there is a lot of work in everything but to dump it would be a real waste.. I wish you a great start for the week.. Christa

joannamauselina said...

That would be very hard. If you haven't looked in that sack for several years, dump it! Oh, take a peek. I have several items in my closet that I have not worn for years and know I never will, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. I know I would feel so brave and virtuous if I could. Maybe I will be inspired by you and do it now.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Dump it - it's organic stuff and you won't be doing anything to make your carbon footprint bigger!
You probably know that here in the States "taking a dump" means, well, er, uh,....getting rid of what's in one's large intestines as it were.
Also known as "dropping off the kids at the pool."
OK, I think I'll leave now....

Unknown said...

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump dump dump..
Sung to the tune of something I can't remember.

Catherine said...

Don't chuck it. See if a charity (or more) would be interested in it. I wish I lived close to you instead of half a world away. It would all be handy for the appeal knitting I'm doing at the mmoment. A crocheter or two might like it for squares. If the yarn is a thin ply, it can always be used doubled or trebled. I'm weeping buckets of tears because I can't get my hands on the bag. Catherine