Tuesday, November 24, 2009

COMING UP FOR AIR

I was very anxious again his morning. I went for my swim at 11am. I have found if I put sleep first, I can swim better and longer. I was putting swimming first before and that didn't work out.

When I got back from the pool, having decided I'd really rather die than live in a one bed flat in London, and having figured out how to make sure I did, there was a message on Call Minder telling me that the bankruptcy has been cancelled. Just as I had seen in a meditation, but you know me and trust.....we just have to wait for the written confirmation. Also, the figure has been reduced somewhat and out tax person thinks we have more than enough to cover it and will be able to go way too.

Negotiation is still ongoing and it will still be a while before we know for sure what is what but I am assured the house is safe. I will feel better once I know for sure and it is all done and dusted. This whole experience has made me feel worse than almost 3 years ago when I had a lump on one of my balls which turned out to be benign but took 3 weeks before I knew that. I have felt far worse over this.

I have done more sock dyeing. I dyed the other 50grams of the black green and orange. It will not look the same as the one I am knitting, I hope, but who cares, I am learning how to get what I want. It's rather fun.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news coming your way....sort off. Hope it works out for you

Anonymous said...

It's Thanksgiving Day in the US on Thursday. I haven't posted a comment, but I've been checking your blog anxiously since this whole mess blew up. Now I have something extra to add to the list of things to be thankful for as we tuck into our turkey this week. Cheers!
Pru

BammerKT said...

Yay! What fabulous news that at least your home is safe! I was having a cranky afternoon and you've cheered me up.

I hope the figure gets reduced further, and that this news at least is a big relief to you.

Anonymous said...

Realize that you don't have the big celebration for Thanksgiving that we celebrate, want you to know that I am thankful for you :)

I hope that all gets better for you soon.

Susie B said...

Congratulations! Waiting for the paperwork is the hard part. Please take time and smell the roses so to speak.

FiaKnit said...

Colin, that is wonderful news. I hope your worries will begin to lessen now.
FiaKnit

FuguesStateKnits said...

YES:)!!! More good vibes going out to you!

Yarnhog said...

Truly something to be thankful for. Great news!

Kerry said...

That is the best news I've heard all day! So glad to hear your home is safe.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. This sort of think is so scary to go through because you have no power. The tax man has all the power. I've been checking to see what the outcome would be and this is what I was hoping for. Melinda Allen

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! Colin, I am so thrilled to hear your bankruptcy has been cancelled!!! Will be doing the happy dance when you have a positive confirmation. . . and with my age and infirmities, that will definitely be something to see!!! Now maybe you can relax a little bit.

Teri

Iris said...

Well, this is mostly good news. It must be very frightening to think of losing one's home. My mother was fond of the old adage that "time heals all wounds." I'm not foolish enough to believe it in it's Pollyanna extreme, but time and love DO seem to help heal ALMOST all wounds. For some reason, there's one talented, fine, slightly eccentric, often funny homosexual dog breeding, swimming, knitting man who is often in my thoughts. (Sometimes, to my husband's bewilderment - which amuses me greatly.)

LizzieK8 said...

Yeah!!!!!