Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tongue Tied

It is a bright sunny day. As have been many of the days of this last winter so I have not had to spend too much time in front of my SAD light.

John is attending his mother's funeral today, a cremation.

I have almost finished a pair of socks, red ones with a textured pattern Will post them later.

I have been for my swim this morning which went well. I wondered if it would as this morning I found it very difficult to get out of bed. When i first tried nothing happened. So I tried again. And again. The I just laid there giggling for little while as I thought it was funny and it felt funny too. Eventually I managed to roll onto my side and fall off the bed onto all fours form where I was able to use the radiator to lever myself up onto two feet. Once I managed that I was okay. So yes, it is the turn of my hips to bother me now. My muscles and hands and back have let up for now.

I am COLD. I have got on my woolly socks, my thermal long john's and long sleeved vest, a pair of track bottoms, a cashmere/cotton roll neck and a cashmere sweater over that. The central heating is on as it always is. I am still cold. I get cold like this quite a lot, especially my legs. Now is this because I have lost so much weight? Is it because of ill health? Is it because of the drugs? One of the drugs I take keeps my pulse and blood pressure low. Even is the summer, I wear my woolly socks with my sandals! When I was younger I was always too warm!

The day before yesterday, a young man started to chat me up. I got very flustered. It took a while for me to realise that he was chatting me up. I never even think of that so it was quite a shock. I felt embarrassed and shy and couldn't wait to get away. Fortunately, other customers came into the shop and that was my cue to leave. I think I was at least 20 years older than he.

I don't know if I am more surprised that someone was interested or by my reaction to their interest. Whatever, I was taken aback at how quickly my confidence disappeared and I became tongue tied.
Post a Comment