Friday, November 30, 2007

Bother!

Like I said yesterday, my cold is back with a vengeance and worse today.

I will not be going to BUBA tomorrow, the 2nd last dog show of 2007. I am just not up to it.


I have realised that I really have to learn to not push myself so much and take better care of myself.

We are going to Germany on the 20th to visit with Lia and Lui ,and I really want to go and so really need to be well for that. Not just well from this cold/flu(4 weeks almost now!) but from the gastritis and trauma stuff too. That is much better but still there.

Next Friday is the last show of the year. It is HUGE and busy and crowded. I think I will be giving that a miss too. There will be other dog shows. I think my health and stress levels are more important right now.

I don't find this easy. As I said, it makes me feel like a wimp but I know I am just being sensible and taking care of myself.

Last night, after about 4.5 hours sleep, my rib cage started causing pain again. I am wondering if there is some sort of pillow thing I can buy that raises the whole of my back as I sleep? I can't afford right now to buy one of those beds that raises up and down. Besides, this doesn't happen often enough to warrant that expense.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Colin
Just wondering if your rib cage pain is caused by your cold - especially if you are coughing as well.
Hope you feel better soon
Pam x

Herzblut said...

worth asking your doc about a wedge .....used to abe to get one on the NHS: like a giant solid foam triangle, for propping you up in bed - a friend had one, but it was some time ago, so I don't know if the NHS still do them, but you can get themm made to measure from foam cutting shops.....

Anonymous said...

Greetings Colin,

You do more than most people on a day to day basis. Stop beating yourself up. :)

I do hope you are able to beat this sickness before time to go to Germany. Remember to take care of the little guy inside, too.

Iris

Annick said...

you are right to take care of you Colin. hope you will feel better soon. Get ready and rid of all those pains before going to Germany.

Anonymous said...

You can get an inflatable wedge for your bed and also an electrically operated lift that goes under the matress (but above the bed base) so effectively does the job one of those flash beds would do. Might be worth asking your GP / OT etc as they should be available from whoever provides appliances or equipment locally (Social Services where I live). Hope it feels better soon, there's nothing worse than losing out on sleep when you're in pain - or so I find. Have a good trip!