Thursday, November 08, 2007

just made it

My voice lasted just long enough to finish my speaking engagement last night. It went well. By the time it was over, I was hoarse and sweating and feeling rather hot. So I knew my laryngitis was just the heralding of some other bug which has now taken hole.

I fell asleep in my armchair last night till 4am.(which is a good thing as it showed I was relaxed). I came up to bed and stayed the till just gone 8am, the longest sleep I have had for months. I am normally up 5.30 to 6.30am.

Of course I feel like do do today. Hot and cold, no vice and a running nose which I detest.
So it will be sock knitting and tv day today.

Oh as well as a puppy poo shovelling, paper changing day. About 6 times day now. They are eating well. They have also discovered there voices and now realise there is more to life outside their 6ft by 3 ft pen. Well, they are not getting out of that just yet. No way I can run around after them.

I had wanted to go to Borders at Milton Keynes for a knitting group and meet Beverley. I just had to call and cancel. Bummer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer, indeed. There's nothing like sitting and knitting with another knitter.

I am happy your talk went well. I'm sure you, as usual, provided great help to a number of people.

Your description of having puppies is very amusing and brings back memories, some great, some not so great.

Anonymous said...

It was a shame you weren't there Colin, it was a good meeting, not too many of us, about 8 I think. Just relaxed, knitting and lots of laughter, oh and cake!!!

Anonymous said...

at least you got to give your talk, but it would have been nice to go to the knitting group.
Sleep is good!
take it easy and let the cold go
you got plenty to keep you busy if you are up to it.

FuguesStateKnits said...

WOW Colin! You all meet at Borders, too? So do we!!! All the way across the Atlantic in Columbia, "Merlin" as we call it! How utterly cool:)
What was that Disney song? It's a small world after all????
LOL,
Joan
Now I know the two universal languages are music ... and knitting:)