Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pig's Bum

I don't feel good this morning. No tears, no solar plexus pain , a little fear but feeling really p'd off.

I slept quite well, woke at about 4 I think and took a co-codomal for my cough / cold. It stops the coughing so I can sleep. Had this damn cold for 11 days now. Though I have to say it is mild now.

I eventually woke at 6am but did not get up as I was afraid too. I already felt wound up. So I stayed in bed and dozed till 8 and am glad I did. I need the rest. This is tiring.

Last night at a meditation group I go to, this woman who attends could see I wasn't my normal self and started to talk to me about how she felt when she lost her son. She told me how she physically felt and how similar it was to my physical pain. She told me it won't just stop overnight, that it will take time to go away. I was very grateful to her for talking to me but felt a pang of shame too as her grief was about the loss of her child, which must be truly truly awful. She is a lovely person and I am so glad she spoke with me. I was feeling bad and scared and she helped to allay that.

I still find the physical side to this grief really hard to deal with. It is scary. I feel a heaviness over my solar plexus and a burning sensation. It isn't really a burning, not like acid reflux at all.
Once I cry or take a diazepam, which I avoid and do only if it is bad, it goes away. Or my guts gurgle and boing all the time. Strangely, my Dr thinks I am very lucky and have a good guts, I have had no trouble at all with my bathroom habits. they have remained normal and regular.

I get none of this when I sleep and it usually comes on later in the day, if it is going to.

Today though I just feel angry about it all. I am tired of it. I also feel embarrassed by it. I feel I ought to be stronger than this and not so sensitive and wimpy. THAT is my father talking, I know. So he can go jump and leave me alone to grieve how I grieve.
How I am is how I am and it certainly is not like him. If he had cried or been sensitive perhaps he wouldn't have been such a cruel man.

I have to watch myself right now too as I find I get annoyed quite easily at some of the emails on the lists. I finally blocked an address this morning to save me from myself really because I know I will lose it one day.

I am still doing my meditation twice daily and I include some deep breathing exercises too. This really does help.

I miss my swimming! I still can't go and doubt I will be able to until next Monday.

I have a major breed club champ show this coming Sunday.

I had three speaking engagements last week, Sunday, Wednesday and Sunday and all three went well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend. The lady at your meditation group was very sweet and it is sad she lost her child. You are right in that this is a terrible, terrible loss. Don't feel ashamed, though. Remember, you lost not only a child, but the child that is YOU.

You are also correct in saying that you will grieve in your own way. No one has the right to tell you how to do it and, truly, can't do that.

You are on the mend. I am so glad to see it.

Isn't it nice to finally have a day in which you feel like your "old self?"

LizzieK8 said...

You lost a child, too... You....

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that nice of that lady to share that with you - it may not be the same loss but it is still loss and anger and much more. You are still belitting yourself -as if your grief doesn't measure up. It seems as if more is still coming to the surface, just handle it the best you can - you are worth it and things will be so much better after
Sleep is good - it allows your mind and body to rest.
Take good care.

Unknown said...

The loss of a child is a terrible loss. There is pain and anger and grief and fear and all sorts of feelings that go with it. Even after all the years, it can still come back and haunt me.

This is the same as the pain, anger, grief, fear and all sorts of feelings that you are going through.

Each time the feelings come back, they are different. This appears to be true for you as well.

I can't tell you how to heal yourself the same as others can't tell me how to heal. All I can say is if there is some way I can help you heal, I will. You just need time to heal - just as people need time to heal from surgery.

You are making progress and I applaud you for being open with this process - and know it does help others too.