Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Trip 97

This was in New Hampshire, if my memory serves me well. Now, doesn't this look like the Overlook Hotel from Stephen King's The Shining?
This was the Chinese food place I saw in the distance as I was driving along Rte 7 from Ottawa to Toronto. I think it was rte 7 anyway. Although you can't see any here, there was snow all over the place. This road seemed to go on forever in a str8 line from Ottawa to Toronto.
This is Montreal. I drove into Montreal the night before in a snow blizzard. God knows where the snow went.
This was Vermont. I think.

3 comments:

FuguesStateKnits said...

I think the first IS the hotel they used for the shining - and the last is definitely VT! I went to college there for four years and still miss the place. Would go back there in a heartbeat if only I could convince my family and make a living (they always need lawyers, right?).
Take care,
Joan a/k/a FSK

TracyKM said...

The picture of the Chinese restaurant is indeed Provincial Highway 7. The town is Madoc or Marmora, I'll ask my parents today. I travelled that highway a lot as a child, and once threw up repeatedly beside that train station in the background!

TracyKM said...

My dad says it's actually Havelock, the restaurant is on the north side of the road, and the railway on the south side. Havelock is a little further west than Marmora, which was my guess. Most of the little towns along Highway 7 have a similiar railway station.