Sunday, June 17, 2007

Angels of The North

This sculpture is called The Angel Of The North. It caused much controversy a few years ago when it was erected in the North East alongside the A1 trunk road. I have always rather liked it in pictures. Seeing it 'in the flesh' is even better. I am not sure how to describe how I feel when i see it. Awe struck maybe. I took these too pictures from a car moving fast. Not bad. I hasten to add that I was not driving.

This is Olwen. I 'know' Olwen from the knitting lists. I met her yesterday in her house. I met someone as nuts about knitting as me! She has many machines and loads and loads of yarn-enough for a shop. Just like me!

Olwen also hand knits.

Her home is amazing. Built around 1890 and with the original features. On 3 floors and jam packed with her life-books,ornaments,photo's, pictures, yarn, etc. I would love to have stayed ages and been really nosy and could easily have nosed for weeks!

I got Olwen to sit at the machine and ignore the camera. It worked well I think.

Thank you very much Olwen. You made me feel welcome. I was very pleased to meet you.
Post a Comment