Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fortissima Colori

This a sock made from Fortissima Colori Socka Color ( no. 9048 ). I knit it over 76 sts using 3.25 for the cast on, 2mm for the ribbing and 2.25mm for the main sock. This is slightly thicker at 420m per 100gm than Opal which is 425m per 100gm. So i am glad I knit over 76sts!

I really like the handle of this yarn. I also really like this colourway. The yarn is perhaps slightly harsher than Opal but that adds to it's visual appeal I think.

My own take on the Sherman Heel again. I never know when I start whether I shall do a gusset and flap or this.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Very nice. I love the colors. I was playing with my yarn last night and I do have some of this yarn , but I don't think the colors are this nice.

Bets said...

Great colors and a perfect heel!

Suzann said...

Very nice Colin. Great color combinations, but wearable by the guys. I have used this yarn and it does soften up after a good bath.

Anonymous said...

Nice socks!

Anonymous said...

Nice colours...(mountains in the summer...:-) You knit so regularly!

DK said...

Damn, you really do turn the best heels....

Bobbisox said...

I love that colorway and have about 14 skeins of it in the 50 gram size, and 1 skein in the 150 gram 6ply size and none are as bright as yours, which is why I kept buying it, I know that the brighter colors are somewhere. Good job on the sock, that is my favorite colorway, I envy you. Oh, and my husband also wants that same colorway too. One reason I kept buying lots of it.