Friday, May 09, 2008

This, That And The Other

I heard so much negative stuff about Vista that I was loath to buy a PC with it on it. However, that is what i did having considered the options. I don't see what the fuss was about. It seems fine to me. Yes, it is different to XP but I like the changes so far.

Re my post of last night. I was feeling somewhat vulnerable knowing that family are probably reading me, at least that is what the email from my father implied. Baring all to such people is rather daunting. However, it's done now,I shall continue to be myself.

Strangely, or maybe not, over the last week I have had several emails from people who I have not heard from before. These emails have been either sharing the writers pain with me which is a great privilege that they should trust me enough to do that. Other emails have been from people telling me juts how much my writing has been of positive help to others. I say strangely, because these emails arrived at a time when I am feeling vulnerable and feeling less like revealing myself here.

I am up an hour earlier than usual this morning as I set my clock incorrectly last night. I was tired when I went to bed, having fallen asleep whilst watching a film, Stardust. So despite the hour earlier, I am still rested and will leave for the pool soon.

The dental work went very well yesterday. Bobbie, the woman who does it, is very nice and gentle and takes great care not to hurt me or make me feel uncomfortable. I need different physical support whilst in the chair and they are very careful how they move that back and I have a cushion thing in my lumber region. It is not an unpleasant experience at all having her work on my teeth.

Shameless has begun to eat better now but not as well as was. Nothing I can do. She won't starve herself. My hunch is that she is carrying a large litter.

John called me from his hotel in Washington DC. He flew out in the upstairs part of a jumbo and his room is more than we would pay for if we went!

I loved my 97 road trip in New England and would really like to go to the USA again, with John this time. However, as I think I have mentioned before, the last time I flew I was petrified. I wasn't before that flight, I used to love flying. Now the idea makes me very nervous indeed. I am pissed off about that. I am not too pleased either with the fact I can't knit whilst on a plane because of not being to take needles on board with me. In case I knit someone to death I suppose.

I spent two whole days not knitting! I did a little last evening though and have come up with a new sock design, I think. Plain colour with texture. I haven't knit enough yet to know if it will work out. I just didn't wan to knit another variegated colour ribbed sock, even if I do love them.

Next weekend, not this, I am going to the SKC show in Scotland. It will be Whitney's first show. She is a little madam and up to now she has only consented to behave and show off in an orderly fashion occasionally. I have a feeling she is going to be one of these that will only do it when she has an audience. I hope so anyway. Fortunately, she only has to do it for a short while. It isn't that she doesn't like the dog club or the other dogs and people. Far from it. She is very pleased to meet them all. She just doesn't like not being in charge!
Post a Comment