Monday, September 10, 2007

Richmond Championship Show

Micah was placed 2nd in his Post Graduate Class today.

The show was held here Loseley Park.

I have been feeling a bit low, almost like grief, for a while.

I realised why as I was leaving the show today. I had this excited feeling about getting home, like I was looking forward to something. Yes - certain foods or cigarettes. Then a weight fell in my stomach and it really dawned on me:

Not being able to eat certain foods without causing myself problems is not a temporary thing.

Not smoking any more is not a temporary thing.

This fatigue, aching and pain is not a temporary thing.

The food thing is the one that p's me off the most. It is so inconvenient and I miss foods I like and I feel resentful when I see others eating them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulatin for Micah !

Anonymous said...

Micah is a great little dog.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your food alergies Colin. I have many of my own and get the same "grieving" feeling you speak of. It's very hard to see others eating those foods that you once loved and enjoyed, and it's very hard not to just tatse them once in a while. The consequences are sometimes unbearable when we do dabble in that we are not supposed to. I have dairy, nut and shellfish allergies. That takes a large bite out of your food groups. Really sent me for a spin when I realized all of this food was why I couldnt breath. Yes it triggers my asthma. No fun at all. So Don't feel like you are the only one with this anxiety. Food is our life.

Eva