Saturday, September 15, 2007

A over T

Ooops.

7.30 and I was in the kitchen preparing the dogs' breakfast.

I turned away from the sink and the next thing I knew I was on the floor. Flat out. I banged my knee and hip as I landed.

I couldn't get up. Thank goodness it is Saturday and John is here so I just yelled and he came down. Funny, he didn't yell 'what?' back but came down stairs immediately.

The kitchen and hall floors are non - slip(!) ceramic tiles. (Most suitable when you have dogs. ) The floor is hard.

I have my textured soled slippers on. A tiny bit of water caused my downfall.

Anyway, after a bit of a struggle, I am up and back to business though now my left knee is a funny colour and beginning to nag at me and my hip is piping up with it's opinion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful, my friend! It doesn't take much.

A neighbor of ours fell outdoors a week or so back. After we got him situated, I mentioned that I fell down the cellar stairs at our house. He told me that two years ago, his wife fell down their cellar stairs, broke her neck and died.

I don't think I need to tell you how I felt, but it had to do with embarrassment for bringing up his past pain and fear that I came so close, myself.

Be careful, please!

Anonymous said...

It is good that is all that happened! I slipped in the laundry room on a tiny puddle, then twisted so an not to fall upon a 5 year old, result - not good - broke my knee, wrenched my hip and my ankle and darn it all broke three teeth!
Even tho that was a few years ago - there are still issues
be well

anachronist said...

Good thing nothing really bad has happened.
Boyfriends dad broke his hip 5 weeks ago and since the two are not really on speaking terms a distant friend told us about it just two days ago.

They talked on the phone and there probably will be a meeting and we hope it heals up again so his dad can stay independent.

Falling is not good, if you are not a kid any more and can bounce up right away.

Hope your knee and hip will be nice to you again soon.

Sheila said...

Thank goodness John was around. I hope your knee and hip are feeling somewhat better. Maybe some more knitting time?

N. Maria said...

Ouch! That must have smarted!
I'm glad you up and back at business.
I'm glad you weren't alone, too!

FuguesStateKnits said...

colin - thank GodasBBL you are OK! If you can, I hope you can keep on exercising as you have been, since that apparently is the key to strengthening those muscles and preventing worse injuries. I am willing to bet all the exercise/swimming that you've had recently had a part in preventing worse from happening to you - so thank YOU also:)
Hugs,
Joan