Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Different?

So Osama is on the TV spouting his evil and we are encouraged to be upset and hate him.

Funny, when Falwell, Robertson and that ilk are spouting the same evil, we are meant to admire and praise.

Ooops, how silly of me.

The first is a Muslim, so is evil anyway. The second two are Christian, so are naturally good.

I get it.

Edit:

Terri wrote:
I, for one, don't think he's evil because he's Muslim, it's because he preaches hate. (Yeah, I'm judging...) etc

I reply:

This is my point Terri. I should hope you DO judge his preaching as evil. Note I think his preaching is evil not him. )This harks back to my earlier post about condemning behaviour/attitudes not the person.)

The other point I was making is that Robertson and Falwell also preach hate but that is not noticed. The fact you failed to mention this in your comment makes my point clear.


5 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Hey, I think only a small segment of society is actually inclined to praise Robertson and Falwell. They just have big publicity machines. Fundamentalist anythings, even pagans, are not to be trusted. The world will never be as black and white as they portray it!!

T said...

I, for one, don't think he's evil because he's Muslim, it's because he preaches hate. (Yeah, I'm judging...) There's so much that I'm tempted to say here, but it gets into my personal beliefs, and when I try typing that, it comes off 'reading' a lot different than it sounds. Inflection and such does make a difference. (Besides, my southern drawl makes it much harder to argue with me in person.... :) )

Yarnhog said...

Hatred is always evil, and is always based on (usually irrational) fear. Fear often comes from a lack of understanding. It stands to reason, then, that the only antidote to hatred is understanding. Isolating ourselves from those we hate will never solve anything. Are you listening, "Homeland Security"?

Mrs. Allen said...

I would not want to judge all Muslims by Osama andy more than I would want all Christians judged by Falwell or Robertson. None of them represents the true beliefs. Melinda

Anonymous said...

As you can tell by now, I'm scrolling through your old posts and had to comment on this one. (loving the socks and your knitting, by the way)

Osama is evil. As Terri said, it's not because he is Muslim, it's because he preaches hate. And, then carries out on that hate by getting others to carry out on that thought, by killing.

I am a "born-again, Right-Wing, Fundamentalist Christian" A label given to me by a VERY ignorant person). And, almost always CRINGE when Robertson and Falwell preach their hate. They have a public platform in which to do it (I have NO idea why) and that is why they get to preach their hate. None of that is biblical. AT ALL.

The hate is evil plain and simple. Osama, Robertson and Falwell can all be lumped in the same pile. What hate really is, is un-acceptance of anything "different" than themselves. Maybe it is fear. As if, that hateful person is the only NORMAL person in the world.

And, let me end by saying that anyone who is "Fundamentalist" in any capacity is usually a closed minded individual. Check out the discrepancy in that. It absolutely DRIVES me nuts!!! That is like saying, living here in Denver is the ONLY place to live, and anywhere else is stupid, dangerous, and not to be trusted. Pure logic I tell you.

Thanks for the thought filled post. It made me think.