Wednesday, February 25, 2009

GREGOR


This is knitted on the Brother 940 using a Garter Carriage. the design is one of the preprogrammed ones which I altered in Design A Knit.

The tension is 6 and 2 dots, 32 x 48 per 10cm.

I used Forsell's 4ply wool in Antique Gold.

Once again I made it too large for me. I am not as large as I think I am. Anyway, with some trepidation I tumble dried it on hot for 10 minutes. It now fits really well and drapes well too. Shrinking like this does not narrow the piece, just shortens. It does tend to widen it slightly and I assume this is because as the stitches shorten, they widen.

Crew neck with stocking stitch roll.

Raglan seams.

3 x3 ribbing.

Due to the shaping needed and the fact the garter carriage is slow, this took 5 days to make, sewing up included.
Post a Comment