Thursday, October 30, 2008

Prewarned?

I had a terrible night last night with pain. That weird pain in by back right ribcage. Actually, it's round the front right as well. I hate it, I find it frightening because it feels like something is seriously wrong. It isn't. I have been having it on and off for too long. I'd be dead by now if it was bad.

I am fairly sure it is some sort of spasm. Why? Well, I drove from Calais to Charleois in fog. Slow and tense. The minute I layed down in my hotel bed, this pain hit me and I had to get up again. For some reason getting up stops it. Moving usually does.

I had only thought yesterday morning that I have not had this pain for some time!

Shameless is still on her honeymoon. Micah and Luque had 'words' again which took a while longer to stop. Since then they have been playful with each other. Micah did start to grumble at him and I just said is name in a warning tone and he looked at me and trotted off to his bed like a naughty child.

It is still very cold but lovely days. Very sunny. I have discovered just how good the new flat screen telly is. The sun shines right through the lounge window at this time of year and if one wants to watch telly during daylight hours, the curtains need to be shut. Not with this telly. The screen is unaffected by sunlight. It is set to 'eco' which means it adjusts itself according to the conditions. Amazing. I really like electronic gadgets.

The new bean to cup machine is working very well. Not one hiccup. I have been thru the cleaning process with it too. Also when one has to empty it, I knew str8 away it was a much better machine because it was not filthy inside with coffee grounds nor water. Fingers crossed! Lets hope I am saying the same in 12 months time.

I just finished watching Larkrise to Candleford, a BBC production of Flora Thompson's novel about her young life in the 1880's -90's. I did enjoy though it was rather idealised. It had a happy ending which I like even though I knew it was not likely!

I am trying to get thru to John that the graveyard is full of indispensable people. He is entitled to 6 weeks holiday a year and he doesn't take it because he says he can't which is daft. He wouldn't be allotted 6 weeks if they then made it impossible for him to take it. If we don't get week off together by early December, that will be it for many months because of the puppies. Apart from that, he needs the time off just to recharge.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that pain gets better with movement and you suspect it to be some sort of spasm... have you tried the good old hot water bottle?(nowadays known as "Gel Pack, Hot") I know from having read some of your blog that you do have health issues and I don't know whether it is a possibility for you but heat can be a powerful relief.
Sending positive thoughts
BNL

Just Me said...

Do you find your health generally worsens through the winter? I've noticed that my Fibro flares once the temperatures drop and I've especially noticed it during this recent cold snap. I second the hot water bottle suggestion; I find it relaxes the muscles and eases the spasms.

Anonymous said...

Do you have "Icy Hot Patches" in the UK? I've used them with success. They even seem to help with my gallbladder problem.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Sorry you're in such pain, hopefully you'll find some relief very soon. So far as no holiday together goes - you're absolutely correct. It's a matter of priorities and realistic viewpoint (work was there before he was and shall be there after he leaves).

Best of wishes to you and yours.

Unknown said...

I've had that kind of pain; turned out I'd pulled my rhomboid muscle, combined with stress and the front of my ribcage being a bit messed up. An ice pack in the center of my back did wonders.

fairy godmother said...

I hope that John takes some time off. I start getting vacation this January, you have to work a year before you get it and then you get 2 weeks per year for the first while. I hope you aren't hurting now.

Patticakes Patricia Mishler Handmade said...

May not be related, but have you had your gallbladder checked out or removed? May be a spasm caused by stones that block your bile duct intermittently before they move through. Ouch!!!!!

Patticakes Patricia Mishler Handmade said...

Have you had your gall bladder checked? (or removed)
Stones get stuck sometimes and cause "biliary colic" Owwww!
Your blog is very deserving of many awards and I love to read it from time to time.