Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Am Dyeing

With many thanks to Beverley of Two Fish Knitting, I now have the trousers I wanted! I have been looking all over for coloured trousers. When we have been away abroad, here and trawling the net. No luck. Then Beverley told me about Dylon dyes.Quite why such a simple idea had not occurred to me, one can but wonder. I went to my local Woolies and low and behold, they sell them. What is more, one just chucks the trousers and the dye in the washing machine and VOLIA! one new pair of coloured trousers. I have a pair being dyed Orange right now.

Not So Fun

I ordered a Blu Ray player for delivery tomorrow morning(paid for). I had a hunch and I called them 40 minutes ago to be told 'your payment didn't go thru'. Bollocks! It went thru fine and they know it. However, now they won't deliver until Monday. Funny how my payment suddenly went thru isn't it? Initially I told them to forget it but I am not daft. the cost was very much cheaper than anywhere else. If it hadn't been I'd definitely have told them to stuff it. I do so hate bad service and I hate even more being held over a barrel. Still, the saving is large-over £80($150).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin-what a wonderful example of Sagittarian excess!
If one is good, then five is better!
We shall soon need to wear sunglasses to look at you-what with the boots, trousers, and, of course your natural radiance!
Speak soon x

Yarnhog said...

Love the pants!

You'll enjoy the Blu-Ray player. I got one for my husband's birthday a couple of years ago and he loves it, especially with the hi-def tv.

Anonymous said...

Spiffy duds! Are they color coded to your Doc Martins?

Blu-Ray is great!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Im goining to be me some Doc's too and I am 65!

Wibbo said...

The jeans look fab - I love the purple ones! I take it that you have purple DM's to match ;-D

fairy godmother said...

Great pants!!!!

LizzieK8 said...

They are gorgeous! I love dyeing clothes...a whole new wardrobe for very little moola! Make sure you wash them separately....I find those dyes tend to bleed for a bit!

BammerKT said...

Oh I Love love LOVE the trousers! I've never heard of nylon dye. I'll have to google it I guess since I love dyeing.

Makes me want some orange trousers myself.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the colors of your trousers! With those, the sweaters you knit, and your own socks, you are going to be the best dressed man in England!

So sorry to read about Tabitha. :(

Just Me said...

I love the jeans too. Very eighties. I used to have jeans in many colours then too. My favourite pair used to be canary yellow that I wore with a grass green sweater and red shoes. I still love bright colours. I'm wearing a yellow sweater as I type.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of trying that, but I was concerned about the dye staining the inside of my washer, and maybe later on dying things I didn't want dyed. Did the dye harm your washer at all?

TracyKM said...

All I can think of now is a kids' song by the Canadian (usually adult) group "Barenaked Ladies" "I have orange pants, I wear them when I dance, but I don't get out that much..." LOL.
A few times a year I get some black RIT dye and freshen up our jeans and stuff in the washer. Hadn't thought about going wild!

KarenS said...

Gee, what a wonderful lairy collection!! And those DMs with the stars are AMAZING!!! You mightn't have got to "Red Hat" age, but you've sure got that stage, and doing it properly too! (ie wearing what YOU like, not what someone else thinks you ought to wear.) BTW, I think the "Red Hat" people are a bunch of old conformists - all wearing red hats & purple clothes - the poem celebrates being a NON-conformist!! And a lairy one at that!
Enjoy it all immensely!! Cheers, Karen in Melbourne, Oz.

DJ said...

Whoo-hoo! Love the colors! What a kick! We do want pics every time you wear a different ensemble with these. Please.
Hugs, DJ in SW MI, USA