Wednesday, October 08, 2008

All Change

DAILY ONLINE BANKING

I do our banking everyday on the net. I check all accounts. It is just as well I do. Today there were 7 payments made using one of the credit cards that were not made by us. What annoys me the most about this is that they were not flagged as suspicious by the card company. All were made on the same day and all to pay- as -you- go mobile phones. Also, I have only used this card online so that means someone I have paid is not secure.

SWIMMING

I am experimenting with different times for my swim. I already go later on Monday as I take John to the train so can't go my normal time. I also go late on Friday. I have now realised I can go later on the other days too (except weekends) so am going to see how this works out for me. It means I don't have to get up at 5.30am. I like to get up early but it means having to be asleep by 10.30pm which is difficult because of John's hours. He always phones when he gets in. Anyway, this way might mean I get better sleep. On the other hand, as the later swims are lunch time or afternoon, it may well prove impractical.

DITZ

Okay so I knitted two sleeves of a cashmere sweater and am on the body now. By machine. I was sitting last night knitting my sock and I suddenly thought about the two sleeves I have knit and realised I made a boo boo. A real boo boo! I have knit the sleeve head the exact same depth as the body armhole, instead of 10cm less. No matter how long I have been knitting, I still make idiotic mistakes. At least I realised this before I got to sewing up stage. I now have to frog and start over with the correct calculations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know I'm not the only person who does that. I think we all need to be reminded that mistakes happen at all levels. Thank you!