Thursday, October 09, 2008

GRRR!

I just had a phone call from John to say he is not coming home until Sunday because of some do at work.

I am really p'd off. It took ages to convince him to have his flu jab which is booked for Saturday morning. Of course, he won't be here. John has COPD and just refuses to face facts. At least he takes antibiotics when he needs to. We had terrible rows last year because he kept ignoring me telling him he needed them. Eventually I refused to drive him to the station unless he went to the Dr. The Dr told him str8 I was right and he needed to take the pills. I still had to nag him this time. He thinks coughing up gunge means his lungs are clearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have done all I can do.

I just hope his will is in order!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

It's frustrating when our loved ones won't take care of their own health. My husband would not get a physical for years. His father died of leukemia at age 52. Guess when Joe made his physical appointment--when he turned 52.

Anonymous said...

my husband and I had some nasty rows about taking tylenol, soup, juice, etc. when we were first married. After a couple of years, I told him if he didn't listen to me, the next cold he would get nothing nothing nothing from me. Next cold, he begged, pleaded, whimpered, I held firm. Now he listens.

Anonymous said...

Dear Colin and maybe John, I too have COPD and when I am well I am very well but earlier this year I had a bad cold which turned into a chest infection very quickly, within three days I was struggling for breath, had the Ambulance out to me, resulting in nebulisers, steroids, antibiotics and two horrible weeks off work not even being able to get out of bed for shortness of breath, I have never had anything like that before, I was so scared I wouldn't get better, I will never ever take my wellness for granted again and now at the first sign of a cold I take good care of myself and watch for the signs, I also get my flu jab because I just can't imagine how I would cope with flu. My COPD nurse also said that these infections can damage the lungs every time so anything I can do to limit that damage is essential, as of course it is for anyone with this hidden disease. I hope with all my heart that he does get the jab for both of your sakes because Colin it's not nice to watch your loved one struggling as we know! LIF Wendy x

Anonymous said...

How frustrating. Why is it that otherwise brilliant people can be so obtuse when it comes to health issues!

Be sure his affairs are in order, COPD, or not. You know what difficulty couples like you and John can face in times of crisis, especially with hospitals.