Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Trekking Sock and John in Sweater!

The yarn is Trekking (XXL) colour 100, 75% New Wool and 25% Nylon. I like this yarn. It is softer than any Opal yarn I have used. I knit it on 2mm for ribbing and 2.25mm for rest. One long circular needle.

This is my best fitting sock so far. I knit it over 80sts. I did a 40 row heel flap, picking up 21 sts either side when it came to the gusset. I also only decreased to 58 for the toe which suits my uncrushed toes better.

For added interest, I purled every 10th row to make the garter ridge.(i.e row 10, row 20, row 30 etc)I really like this heel. Very easy to do neatly. I knit the first 4 sts on either side of flap in garter stitch. I also knit a German 'strap' heel. Now until I knit this I had assumed it was a really different heel. It isn't. It is knitted exactly the same way as a Dutch 'square' heel! Just over a different set of numbers. The result is the same in look but a better fitting heel for me.
John modelling sweater. Variation of the blue one shown on earlier date. Again the yarn is 2 x 2/15's 50% merino, 25% cashmere and 25% silk. Garter rib done using the garter carriage on a Brother 940.
Close up of neck. One of them could be neater.....
Post a Comment