Thursday, December 24, 2009

Xmas Dyes




This is Superwash Merino/Nylon.
Flash Light is merino/cashmere/nylon.



Lush Puppy is Blue Faced Leicester/nylon





Revolution is merino/bamboo
Luque is asleep!
As tempting as it is to just carry on dyeing, I want to knit these up first. These are the yarn qualities I will be using. They are either 400m or 425m per 100g. I used a different painting method for each one. I want to see how they knit up before I start to dye for sale. I hunted for Luque yesterday and couldn't find him and I became afraid that he had slipped out unnoticed when the postwoman arrived. As you can see, I found him upstairs on the bed. He took no notice at all of the flash nor me!

8 comments:

Lol said...

Fabulous colours. I can't wait until you start selling. I've often been tempted by hand died yarn but most has been in the US or Canada and the postage bumps up the price a bit too far.

Knitting-twitter said...

.... count on me too with the Cashmere.. fantastic colors!!!

Beth M said...

Colin, along with liking the results of your dyeing, I am also very much enjoying the names you are giving the finished results. I like to look at the name, then at the yarn, and try to see what you might have seen when you chose the name. A very pleasant creative exercise!

Anonymous said...

Your colors are spectacular. You've come a long way in a short time. They are all lovely. Cann't wait to see them knitted up.

Mary Beth said...

You are so creative! and smart, too, to knit them first so you'll know what your buyers will receive. How do you stand it with all those lovely dogs distracting you all the time?

Happy Holidays to You and John!

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Those are loverly yarns!

Laritza said...

I love Revolution! lovely colors!

Tallguy said...

Haha -- Luque looks like he had a really great time out on the town! Wonder what he was up to. Great yarns! I can see you are really having so much fun dyeing -- I told you it was addicting! But in a good way.