Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SOIMAN

These are knitted using Tofutsies. I used 1.75mm Hiya Hiya circulars. They are toe up using my Andersson Construction Method and Andersson Heel Mach II (revised). I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Cast (Bind) Off.
The garter pattern is only on the instep and front leg. The rear leg is 3 x3 ribbing.
I like the handle of this yarn. It does split fairly easily when knitting and I have only used this yarn twice but in both balls were knots. I am not likely to use it again merely because the colourways are few. At first glance it appears to be a 4ply yarn but each of the 4 strands is 2 strands twisted together so this is 8 strands making a light fingering weight yarn. Perhaps this is why it splits easily. It is made from Superwash Wool, Soy Silk, Cotton and Chitin, the latter being shrimp and crab shell). I purchased and used this second ball because I do like the handle very much. I knitted on a smaller needle becasue I thought the socks would benefit form a tighter gauge. They do. Tension/gauge 12spi and 15rpi.





Post a Comment