Monday, September 07, 2009

I WON!!!!

I can't recall if I mentioned this or not but I have recently had to go to battle the govt once again over my disability allowances. They had written and agreed that my disease had got worse but they reduced it because they reckoned that my needs were now less!!!!

I kept my cool and I wrote to them and set out my case.

I have received a letter and am once again receiving the same allowances as before and FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more having to do battle every 3 years. They seem to have finally understood what the terms 'progressive' in relation to disease, means.

This is a huge deal for me. I have a problem fighting for myself. My past, my childhood, taught that to make a fuss was to make things worse so now whenever I do make a fuss it is with much trepidation. However, my sense of injustice is also huge and thus so is my indignation. So I fight. And I won. Again.

Now I have to face up to going back to the pool.

I have finished John's socks. I have had plenty of time today as I have not been able to do anything else. Not even dress. One of those days. I haven't been outside and have stayed in my pyjamas. I also didn't care. Often, it seems, when I can't dress/undress it is on a day when I am not at all inclined to go anywhere anyway. Once again I have felt as if I am coming down with something, hoarse voice, stiff an painful neck, more so than usual. But no cold or anything so I think it's just the normal stuff my body does.

I am going to sleep now feeling chuffed with myself for taking the bull by the horns.

Post a Comment