Thursday, September 11, 2008

Taking Care

Up at 5am today. Have a dog show tomorrow. I shall bath the dogs, pack the car with Angela and then go my swim. I hope to be in bed and asleep by 6pm tonight and up at 2am tomorrow.

Our judge tomorrow is a new one and already controversial. Not approved by the Lhasa Apso Clubs, I am told, but passed by the Kennel Club anyway. I entered cos one has no way of knowing what a judge is like unlike one does. Besides, it's fun.

I did something different after the last show and it worked out really well for me. I was exhausted when I got home at 9.30pm. I ate and went to bed and awoke at 7am the next morning. Being Monday I had to drive John to the station. I could barely move and could not straighten up. I did not force myself to do anything, did not go swimming. I kept my Dr's appointment but other than that did nothing else. I took my drugs, went to bed for a couple for a couple of hours. I got up, sat and watched tv, fed the dogs, watched more tv(dvd's actually) and then took more drugs and went to bed. I awoke fresh the next day, ready to swim and mobile.

In other words, I took care of myself properly. The difference it made was obvious.

1 comment:

FuguesStateKnits said...

Yes - and thank all the powers in that be that England has NHS!
think of where you would be without it - as much as there may be problems with it! Someone in the US would be scraping by on disability (if they got it) and medicaid (again, if they got the disability) and would be living in poverty. I keep thinking about the comments a member of the House of Lords (??) I think it was who was involved in starting the National Health Service. Forgive me, I forget his name, but he was interviewed in the movie Sicko and his comment was that certain things needed to be covered if a man/woman were to keep his/her dignity and allow him/her to participate in the live of the country as a whole. I know I didn't get that quite right but it made sense. The electric company is socialized, libraries are socialized, most utilities are socialized - why not medicine? I don't understand the fear of that here in the States.
Oh well I do go on - sorry!
Joan