Thursday, January 08, 2009

Still Cold

The pool was 1.5c warmer today and I managed 40 laps before I seized up. I am still cold and am soon going back to bed. I found yesterday after sleeping I warmed up.

I am on the home stretch of both Regia Kaffe socks so may well blog them later today. I think my next pair will be plain coloured and textured. Pink colour I think.

I may go to my Spiritualist meeting tonight. The demonstrator is a woman named Angie Morris and she is good. No bullshit from her.(edit: it will be me tonight. I will do the talk and a young woman I had do the dem last month will do so again tonight. Joanna is excellent.)

Strange how we tend to think of Fundamentalists as just being Muslim when Israel is based upon fundamentalist Biblical belief and is the reason for the killing. We have fundamentalist Xtians, one of whom has been in power in the USA for the last 8 years and who believes in helping Armageddon along and doing nothing to protect our planet. We have fundamentalist Hindus. Even fundamentalist Buddhists! Why are we so selective in our recognizing of evil?

Tomorrow is Fred's funeral. Both John and I are to attend. Trish came around yesterday with her sister Janet to see the puppies. Trish gave me a red tie with hats all over it which was Fred's and also another of his for John. I was really touched by this and I shall wear mine tomorrow. I told Trish that maybe the other tie would be too loud for John.

5 comments:

BammerKT said...

I'm very sorry about Fred. How nice that you'll have a tie of his.

Can't wait to see those socks. Love those Kaffe colorways.

ReesieAnn said...

I am so glad that you have your pool back. It seems to really do wonders for your health, both physical and mental.
I am very sorry to hear about your friend Fred. I thought it was very touching for her to give you and Jon a tie of his to wear. Wear them with pride and remembrance of your dear friend.
I check your blog everyday to see how you are doing and what you have been up to. I love all of the puppy pics as I am a dog lover myself, so keep them coming!!! Are you going to keep all the pups? Personally I would find it so hard to give them up - even to a good home. Then again if no one shared their pups then my Mother wouldn't have her Papillon, Snickers.
You are an inspiration to my knitting and hope to be as well practices as you some day.
{{HUGS}} Cherise in PA (USA)

Yarnhog said...

One day some missionaries came to my door. One of them had the nerve to ask me what I think the greatest problem facing the world is today. I told her I think the world's greatest problem is religious fanatics who want to impose their views on the rest of us. Knocked her speechless.

knitwych said...

Yarnhog, what a brilliant reply! I wish one of them would ask me that question; I'd totally steal your answer. Instead, I get the ones who want to give me their "literature." I go fetch my copy of Ray Buckland's "Complete Book of Witchcraft" (the big blue one with the bright red pentacle on the cover), and tell them, "I'll read yours if you read mine." They never seem to be open to swapping. Go figure.

Colin, I live in the southern US, so when I hear "Fundamentalist," I think of the Christian type (a friend of mine calls them "Shiite Baptists"), not the Muslim or any other religion. The evil done in the name of religion scares and sickens me practically on a daily basis, regardless of who is doing it in the name of what deity. The arrogance of it all makes me crazy, too.

I'm sorry about your friend. Cherish the memories.

Penelope Grey said...

Sorry to read about the passing of your friend, but relieved for him that his suffering is over.