Sunday, June 27, 2010

WE ARE SUCH LIARS!

It is hot again, and as is usual for the UK very humid. It is expected to reach 90 today.

I had a productive day yesterday dyeing yarn, and I have already re-hanked a few of them today.

Another idiot called me for one of my puppies today. I always make it clear that I will only deal with people on the telephone and none of my puppies are to be used for breeding.  They are to live as household pets only. I still get people call me who want to breed, and they think that by being manipulative I will allow them to. Too many people think it would be cute to have a litter of puppies without any idea what is involved.

We all probably go to church this afternoon as it has been quite a while since we have. I went on my last Thursday but John and I have not been together for quite a long time.

The puppies are very happy and lively and they will be seven weeks old on Tuesday. They eat well and play well, but in this heat, they spend much of their time sleeping in the shade.

I am reading a new book by Dorothy Rowe called WHY WE LIE.  I think I have read most of her books and find them immensely helpful.  Rowe, it is not an easy read at all, very challenging, but I credit her books is one saving me from the life of pain that I was living.  From her, I understood not only how I came to think the way that I thought and about the way other people's ideas and thought patterns had infected mine.  From there I learned that ideas are just ideas not TRUTH.  This was a revelation to me.

I do not agree with everything that Rowe writes and I may not even understand all of it but I devour her box.

Dictated using Dragon Naturally Speaking.

4 comments:

Iris said...

I'll have to check out some of these books of which you speak. If it's any consolation, it's hot here too. We only have about six weeks a year of really hot weather, but it always seems like months. Soon, we'll be complaining of the snow and cold. Humans! Pah! ::laughing::

LizzieK8 said...

oooops "but I devour her box."

Better have a word with your Dragon! LOL

Momsterjo's Musings said...

It's good to hear that the puppies are doing fine. I can just imagine all those little balls of fluff playing :)

Penelope Grey said...

He he, what Lizzie said, snicker!!