Thursday, June 17, 2010

CHRISTOPHER’S SOCKS

I am especially pleased with the socks.  I think they are the best I've ever knitted.  The finish to the heel turn is improved by due to a mathematical error I made which has turned out to be an improvement.  I have also improved on the one by one ribbed gusset by design.

I knitted them using Indigo Crush by Knitman's Kitchen, 80% super wash merino, 20% bamboo, 400 metres to 100 g.  I used Addi Lace circular needles 2 MM size.

These are going to a dog show friend, who asked me for a pair.  We are the same size and he tried these on at the show so they are now his.  Hence the name of this pair of socks.

CHRISTOPHER'S SOCKS 315 CHRISTOPHER'S SOCKS 316 CHRISTOPHER'S SOCKS 317

For a larger view, left click on picture.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful socks. I especially like the ribbed gusset. Are these your new toe up pattern?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful socks!
Lynn

Lia Nord said...

I like the a lot, Colin! I see what you were saying about the different spot for the increase--it looks really nice.

Ginger said...

Beautiful socks! By any chance did you re-write the instructions to reflect the accidental improvement?

Macy from Buffalo, NY said...

Colin - I totally agree w/ both Michele AND Ginger. Please? Beautiful work, as always, only MORE beautiful this time!

anachronist said...

I love the flashing effect on them and the seemingly elongated gusset and have looked and looked where the calculation error could have been.
I only see design features and really love the all over outcome of this pair.
It would be one of my favourites, too. Had I knit them.
Any chance for a "how to" of that calculation error?

need more time and stamina for knitting socks again.