Sunday, June 20, 2010

ALL AROUND MY HAT

CLICK ON PICTURE FOR A LARGER VIEW

Just in case you were wondering, I built this outfit around the hat. I found the hat in a Brussels, Belgium, market at Xmas time. It has been sitting with my other hats until it told me what it wanted to be grouped with. It told me this week.

My outfits usually are built around just one item that I saw and liked and then wondered what on earth I'd wear it with. It could be a waistcoat, a hat, or boots. I have jeans in various shades and this Tuxedo and a couple of other jackets. It might take months of listening before an outfit comes together.

Whilst being conspicuous can be daunting at times, at least I am known for the way I dress now and not because of the way I walk or 'the man with the sticks'. I am conspicuous either way so I might as well have fun with it whilst I still can.

8 comments:

Donna in Ely said...

Well said, Colin

That is why I have raspberry hair and I am in my mid 50's also.

Take care, Donna

JoanK said...

Colin - love the outfit - what a great idea to plan around the hat!

I also love your "sticks" - did you have them specially made? And are they carved and coloured?

My childhood memories of Blackpool are mostly* very good - summer at a hotel just off the beach and later on, the car rides to see the illuminations! Thank you for evoking them.

*I still prefer Edinburgh rock.

Joan, Winnipeg, Canada (but born in Salford)

joannamauselina said...

Très chic! A little difficult to tell what is on the hat, although obviously the colors are fabulous. Is it roses?

stephanie mcguckin said...

hi colin itry to read your blog as often as i can and when i miss something try to catch up. I just read the posts from joyce and heather and i'm in agreement with you but further i am appaled and incensed that anyone in this day and age would presume to judge or tell anyone how to live the bible is not acurate anymore as it has been translated and rewritten so many times thruhistory and the reasons for the distruction of soddom and gamorrah were many not just the over simplefication of sexual sins i'm sorry for rambaling on but it upset me to read all that nonsence and i don't like when someone attacks anotherfor the way they live i'm glad that you are out there and that you can be true to yourself take care stephanie in ny

Teresa said...

Colin, Re: YOUR HARSH CRITICS I think it is obvious that you have much more love, understanding and forgiveness in your heart than most of those who are so judgmental in their self-righteousness. They should re-read the guidelines given to us by Him for use in our dealings with others. You personify those qualities that he encouraged in us. I think that many self-assured people are going to have a heavy debt to pay when they reach their version of the afterlife.

anachronist said...

I have been out in hospital again, so late comment :-)
I love this outfit.

Especially the tie thingy (please help me, what is that called?).

Tasteful dressing abilities seem to have gone missing as well as good manners.

Please keep up being the colourful you.

Donna said...

LOve the hat, Colin, and also your shoes/boots: Docs? Looks great anyways. Hope you had a great day out!you a great day out

CP Warner said...

"All Around My Hat." :-) Wonderful song by Steeleye Span! I have adored Maddy Prior for years, and I do believe she is the whole reason I ever got into singing early music in the first place.