Wednesday, January 06, 2010

READ WITH CARE!

 

I received an email this morning which I found quite upsetting. I found it so for two reasons. The person had clearly had a very painful life. The other reason was that she was certain I would disapprove of her because she held different ideas to me. yet she is a follower of my blog.

Have I really been that remiss in my writings that people just don’t understand my stance? Do people really think I condemn and disapprove of people who think differently to me? I have never made a personal attack upon anyone. I have written clearly that it is IDEAS I attack and disapprove of, not people. Blimey, if it were not ideas but those that hold them, I’d not like almost the whole world!

I have dear friends who think differently from me. I love them and yet I still disagree with their ideas. They love me too even though I think differently from them.

So don’t assume I will disapprove of you because you have different ideas. For want of a different phrase to express my idea on this: ‘there but for the grace  of God go I.’

John bought this, the picture in the middle, for me whilst we were in Belgium. I don’t think he had this in mind when he bought it. We also bought this one.

This is a bronze sculpture I bought at Cruft’s in 06Bronze Apso.

 

6 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

People assume, generally cuz it's how they feel, that one can't like someone one disagrees with. Humans are so bent on finding others of like minds to support their thinking they forget to think for themselves.

It's a Christian thing to not hang around with those that have different beliefs less they become lax in their own beliefs....or worse yet, question them.

Unknown said...

Well, she is the queen, and she knows it.

anachronist said...

wouldn't the world be boring, had we all the same ideas?

I wonder how perception of many people works. Maybe it is awareness differences making people think, how they do and not being really clicking with people of different awareness levels.

One dream would be to have all people on the world reach a level of awareness, where they can be accepting of each other, and stop hurting (each other and themselves)

Sermon over :-)

I love that sculpture. It is the flowing essence of apso :-)

The Second Half said...

Love the picture ! Gave a chuckle that set up my day after seeing that.

John G said...

Quotes from your post Friday, December 18, 2009:
- you have no insight at all
- you [are] so arrogant
- you are toxic
- how disturbed and detached from reality you are
- you are an abusive person
These come across to me as talking about a person, not his/her ideas.
- John G

Unknown said...

Yes John G, you are correct. However, you ignore the context . I am human and I will attack back (sometimes) if attacked. You missed the intent of my post. I find people often do to suit their own agenda.