Monday, January 11, 2010

COMPLETELY MOVED

I received a parcel today. As I began to open what i thought was an Amazon package, I realised it had a customs sticker on it and American postage. To say I was gobsmacked when I opened it is an understatement. MY throat actually constricted. How very, very kind and such a wonderful surprise. Thank you so much Jill ! The gourmet packets are coffee. The chocolate is dark and you can see the sock wool. Now all of these are what I would have chosen myself!

The Fisherman’s will have to be a scarf. The photo cards are Jill’s own work.

The kindness of strangers bowls me over. How lovely this surprise is. I didn’t even know Jill knew my address!

6 comments:

AR said...

Colin,

What a delightful surprise package you recieved.


All I can say is.....
"Isn't rather nice to have such wonderful friends ?"

Enjoy your goodies.

AnnR.

Barbara Bonham said...

I don't know it....your address.

emmaclairecat said...

that's so nice Colin. I had a similar experience at christmas with some people on another forum. BTW I LOOOOOOVE your dyeing. I haven't posted for ages as i had to get re-moderated as the ukhk woudn't recognise my membership for some reason but always like to pop in and read your blog.

MARLENE JONES said...

lOVELY SURPRISE. I am new to your blog. Wanted to say hello. Sounds like you have a "yarn" fairy godmother. I want one too. LOL.
Oh I saw your kool aid dyed yarn and I love it. Someitmes I find it more fun than "real" dyes, don't you? I hope your day goes well.
Marlene

Vanessa said...

I just LOVE the cards... And I know how you feel ... I have received stuff from Internet friends over the past 7 years and it is AMAZING how Kind fellow crafters can be. :)

Julie said...

How wonderful that you received such a wonderful gift. I think you will enjoy the sock yarn. Patons Kroy is one of my favorites.