The socks are made from a Regia yarn. I used 2mm Knit Pro needles(knit Picks), circular, each on their own needle, knitted simultaneously. I used the EZ sewn cast off as usual. They are knitted toe up using my own Andersson method and MACH II heel.
The lace pattern I initially got from the net, somewhere, but by the time I had faffed and fiddled and fitted it to my stitch count morphed into my own. These are by far the most difficult item I have knitted, ever. I frogged many times. I kept making errors. I kept ending up with less stitches or more stitches, usually less, because I forgot the yo's. I am pleased with them now though.
I am now fairly confident that a shawl is out of the question. I also think that pain/drugs is why I just couldn't get this to flow. Maybe it's just that I am 50! Though that last one seems unlikely. I know my memory is crap. Yet I can still knit to aran patterns and sock patterns other than lace, just from my head. I can pick up knitting I left weeks ago and still know where I am and how to proceed. Yet this pigging lace almost defeated me.
I am glad lace shocks don't suit me or John!
(Oh and I took one of the photgraphs with the scanner because although I used my foot for the model, the socks are too small for me.)